Monday, April 18, 2011

All About Perspective

We were lucky to be able to attend a Temple session with some of our good friends recently. We don't get to go as often as I would like due to my back. I really struggle to sit through Sacrament meeting some Sundays so an Endowment session can seem like an eternity (haha-thats kind of funny when saying in relation to Temple work). Whenever we do go though, I am almost ashamed to say that it's like I forget how much I enjoy being there. I love the Temple and the peace I feel there. I find I can't look over at Anthony too much as he makes me laugh by pulling silly faces and I in turn pull them back. Clearly we are rather immature :o) The thing I love most about the Temple is the perspective it gives me. I always leave with the reminder that many of the stresses and worries I may have at this time will be so irrelevant in the long term. It reminds me to think of others and do what we can for our fellow men. It reminds me to take more time with my family and less with the little aspects of life that eat up so much of my time but have no eternal value. Most of all though-it reminds me of what I am working for. It is a hard thing to be faithful Latter-Day Saint in this day and age and I certainly know I have a way to go, but the reminder of what I am working towards and how worthwhile it will be make any sacrifice so worth it. I know, I know, I'm so cheesy!!!!

2 comments:

  1. No it's not cheesy Jo, it's perfect! You've inspired me to try harder to get to the temple more often. It's true, you always remember once there how much you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Jade..you're not cheesy at all Joanne. Your blog is just beautiful...thank you for sharing your feelings about the temple. Believe me, you don't have far to go at all-you are pretty much perfect as you are :) xxx

    ReplyDelete