Monday, October 29, 2012

Big three O!

My darling husband turned 30 this week. I have known him for nearly 9 years now and been married to him for almost 8 of those years. He is my best friend by a million miles.

Anthony caught my eye from literally the first time I set eyes on him. From VERY early in our relationship, I had a feeling it was going to last a long time - forever. I felt this way because when I imagined my life in the future, I imagined being at home cooking dinner and playing with my children and when I pictured my husband coming through the door at the end of the day, I pictured Anthony being that person. He has been that person and so much more.

Anthony doesn't like a fuss. Seeing as turning 30 is a big deal, it couldn't pass without some celebration, so we planned a casual dinner with family and we had Microwave Jenny come and join us. They sing some of Anthony's (and mine) favourite music and we were thrilled when they squeezed us into their busy schedule. If you haven't heard their music, I STRONGLY suggest you look them up immediately.

Carter dug up a guitar from somewhere and took it upon himself to play backing (not even remotely close to in tune though).

And of course we ate....and we ate....and we ate.  A couple of days later and we are still eating leftovers with more still to go.

So to my darling Anthony, HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY!!!  Ten years til the next big one!!



3 comments:

  1. I was just saying to Mart last night how well you two complement each other. You're both so thoughtful of each other and sensitive to one another's needs.

    Glad you could spoil Anthoby on his bday, he deserves it. And you're lovely for for doing so :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like Anthony had a great birthday! Sorry we weren't there to join in the celebrations. A casual dinner with Microwave Jenny...mmm could be the name of a new dish, hey :) You and Anthony are a match made in heaven. Love you lots,
    Mum xoxo

    ReplyDelete