Friday, June 28, 2013

Daughter-in-law

Had a chat in the car with my little fellas earlier this week. The topic of our conversation? Marriage. It seems to be a rather dominant conversation topic in our home, along with trains, Mario, Sonic, planes, and jail.

I told the boys that when I was younger and thought about what kind of man I wanted to marry, I wanted to marry someone kind, smart, with a good sense of humour, someone who wanted children and who would put family first.

I asked the boys what kind of qualities they would like their future wife to have.

Tony was quiet for a moment and after some thought he said he wanted to marry someone who wanted to have children, who was a hard worker, who was a nice person, who didn't break the law, who didn't smoke or swear, and who could cook. Oh, and someone who liked Mario and Sonic.

This seemed like a pretty good list to me. I think I would be pretty happy with a daughter-in-law like this.

I asked Carter the same question. His list of qualities was much shorter. He said;

"I want a girl with a short skirt and a long jacket."

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, i think he's talking about Emma wiggle.
    Both responses are so typical of both of them, except that Carter didn't meantion that he wants to marry multiple women :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the giggle Jo. Tony has discerning taste- he might have to search a little for his bride. Carter on the other hand, will have plenty to choose from. Thankfully they have years to revise their goals:) xxxxxMum

    ReplyDelete