Wednesday, May 9, 2018

An army of Cinderellas

So it’s 11:34pm and my house is quiet.  I’ve just finished some ironing and am waiting for my final load of laundry to finish so I can put it in the dryer.  

Breakfast is prepped, lunches are made for tomorrow, dishes are all washed, floors are mopped, and laundry ALMOST finished. 

I’m far from a clean freak, but I find it hard to go to bed knowing I will be waking up to chores I can see need doing straight away.  No matter how sore I am, I need to let my head hit the pillow knowing I can wake up and focus on getting ready for the day.  It’s just how I’m wired I guess.  

I remember my mum mopping floors at midnight and thinking she was a bit nuts.  As time wore on I thought she was waiting til then because the floors would dry without 7 people walking their dirty feet on them. I now realise she waited til then because she was too busy in the day.  She was holding babies, playing with toddlers, cooking meals, driving kids to after school sport, helping with homework, and reading bed time stories.  Her to-do list was long and that meant many nights of staying up past midnight just to get the house to a state to begin again the next morning.  

I get it now.  

To all the mums up getting things ready just to do it all again tomorrow....Happy Mother’s Day 😊


And to my own mum and mother-in-law, thank you for all you do for me, I love you to bits! 

No comments:

Post a Comment