Friday, May 21, 2010

First Name Basis

Well not a huge week but it started off well with Family Dinner last sunday. It was really nice having everyone over and one of the benefits of having a big family is the variety of foods there is when we all get together. Its funny looking around and realising how much everyone has grown up but we still have all the same characteristics and mannerisms as when we were 10-15 years younger. Its really true that some things never change.
On another note, Carter has taken to calling me Jo. When he wakes up in the morning he either calls for "My Dada" or "Jo". As much as Anthony and I try and correct him he seems stuck on it. We have sat him down and asked him "Where's Mummy?" and he points to me everytime and then Anthony will point to me and ask "Who's this?" and Carter will look at me and say "Jo!".
I never thought I would be on first name basis with my 2 year old!

2 comments:

  1. I was just thinking the same thing the other day. I don't feel any different to when I was 14.
    Has Carter been doing that for long? I wonder how long he will stick with that for, that's pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a real truism Jo, inside you feel just the same, but on the outside, things tend to change..and eventually gravity takes its toll and added to that wrinkles, gray hair AND pimples! The one great blessing, eyesight fades and you can't even see your own wrinkles, pimples etc, let alone anyones elses :)
    Ah Carter, he's a cutie, like his big brother.. you'll be able to write a book with all the funny things they say and do...Life will never be dull for you :)

    ReplyDelete