Monday, May 10, 2010

Things I learn from my boys!

On the way to his rugby game on saturday morning, Tony and I had an interesting conversation. It went like this:
Tony: Mummy, who do you think is going to win today-Woy Woy Roosters or the other team?
Me (very enthusiasticlly): I think the Woy Woy Roosters will win Tony!
Tony (disapprovingly): Well Mummy, you know its not about winning, its about having fun.
Me: Hmmm, yeah thats true Tony but why did you ask me then?

Sometimes I wonder what is going on in the little head of his. Carter on the other hand is transparent as can be. On the way home from church yesterday in the car he was trying out his knock knock jokes.
Carter: Mum. Mum. Mum. Mum
Me: Yes Carter
Carter: Knock Knock
Me: Who's There?
Carter: *pause* ..............Mum. Mum. Mum. Mum.
Me: Yes again Carter
Carter: Knock Knock

And then just repeat this pattern for about 5 kilometres.

2 comments:

  1. Out of the mouths of babes! What a couple of cuties you have there Joanne. It won't be long and Carter will be telling the knock knock jokes of Tony's calibre. Give them a big hug for me :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Tony! It's cheeky, but true - actually, now I'm surprised he said that since a little while ago he only cared about winning. He's growing up!! Now it's Tarts turn to want to win everything... I wonder if Tony will want him to win everything too?

    ReplyDelete