Monday, March 7, 2011

Chicken News

We had roast chicken for dinner on Sunday night-cooked in a slow cooker! It works, and it works well. You simply put the whole chicken in at 9am, add....nothing, then take out at 5pm and eat!
As I was pulling apart the chicken and looking for bones that were big enough for Astro not to choke on, Tony came to help me. He checked bone after bone, deciding which were big enough and which would "make Astro die".
He stumbled across what I think was part of the breast bone and noticed that it looked a bit different from a lot of the other bones in shape. He was rather amazed and exclaimed;
"I know! I can take this bone for my news tomorrow!"
I was thinking..."Oh please don't!".
Tony went to sleep that night with a chicken bone held tight in his little hand and did indeed wake the next morning and present for his news at school.....a chicken bone!
I asked his teacher what she thoguht of his news after school. She told me it was certainly one of the more original items brought in for news and that she had never seen a child so proud to present a bone from his dinner to the class.
Thats my boy!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Tony bones. I can just picture how excited he was to bring that chicken bone to school. What a cute kid!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe he feels some sort of connection to the chicken bone, since they share the same last name. Very cute, I'm sure it made perfect sense to him, but wont remember why in a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo,I can just picture the look on dear Tony's face as he shared his 'bona-fide' news and the look on the teachers face..it would have been priceless. Ah this one will keep us laughing for ages:)Please give the boys a big cuddle for me xxx

    ReplyDelete