Thursday, March 17, 2011

Love what I love

Sometimes I forget why I love doing what I do. I forget sometimes how much I love being a wife and mother! On busy days or trying days, I forget to appreciate this time as it will most likely pass me all too quick!!!
I know that sometime in in the not too distant future, my boys will want to do things on their own, not want my opinion or approval quite so much, want to sit with their friends rather than me, want to buy their lunch rather than what I can make, and I may possible ruin their plans (or life) at times.

But until that day comes......I will enjoy these days! The days where I am;

- a better cook than any contestant on MasterChef
-smarter than Tony's school teacher
-funnier than Kramer
-capable of beating up bad guys
-more powerful than the police or any law

I know! I am mighty impressive according to Anthony, Tony, and Carter! I know that this time may pass (not for Anthony I hope!!) but I will take it for now cos there is nothing I love more than my 3 boys!

2 comments:

  1. It's so true, I'm loving having a little person love me so much that she won't leave my side. It could be annoying, but only if we let it. I was just thinking last night that, I laugh a lot more and smile more, simply because Pacey is around. I can't wait to see Tony and Tarts next month, I was looking at pics of them last night with Pacey, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne, you are mighty impressive to Dad and I too..and always have been :) Smarter than the school teacher...well you have just about reached the ulitimate already, there! I'd say you are supermom.
    It is a wonderful blessing to be a mother isn't it-I still remember sitting at our dinner table and having you children fighting to sit next to me and thinking 'who else in the world would fight to sit next to me but our own children' I have often reflected what a humblimg experience it is to be so loved is spite of all of my faults. Makes you want to try even harder doesn't it. xxx

    ReplyDelete