Saturday, January 19, 2013

And now for some mush

Tuesday is our 8th Anniversary. That marks eight years I have been able to call Anthony my husband - eight wonderful years.

They have been wonderful, but that doesn't mean they have been perfect. During those eight years, we lived together for the first time, endured pregnancy and birth together, stumbled our way through the 'newborn haze', made hard choices together, made plans together, been blissfully happy, been angry at each other (albeit only ever briefly), wiped away sweat from one another's fevers, dried each others tears (generally mine but only because I'm a sooky la-la), stayed awake chatting in bed til the early hours of the morning, laughed til tears came out, spent LONG nights awake with sick children, changed nappies and cleaned vomit, and we have grown.

You hear how people say that within a marriage people 'change' over time and sometimes that causes problems. Nothing and no-one can stay the exact same year after year. It's the nature of life - nothing remains the same. There are two options, you either change or you grow.  I know they sound really similar and in some ways they are.  But I see one distinct difference.  The difference is when you change, you simply become something different, but when you grow, you become something greater.

I think I can safely say that during the past eight years, we have grown. We have enjoyed so much joy and have been so blessed, and we have endured pain and difficulty. But the one thing that has made everything bearable has been a stable, happy marriage.

I have a husband that I love more than anything and who I know with one hundred percent certainty that he loves me too. I'm not saying that he is perfect, just that he is perfect for me. I got a good one :)

Happy Anniversary Sweetheart!


5 comments:

  1. Aww Jo Happy anniversary...and what a lovely post!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary love birds! Definitely "made for each other, couples throughout history". You guys are a perfect example of how a marriage should be, you don't just love each other but like each other too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was from me by the way (Jade).

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was just beautiful Joanne! If that is mush, we need a lot more of it in our world. You are a wonderful, devoted couple.
    Much love Mum xxx

    ReplyDelete