Tuesday, December 2, 2014

It's just so cheesy

On Monday, I went to Aldi to grab a handful of items.  My handful had a few heavy items so I needed a trolley. I have one of those Aldi trolley coins on my key ring as I often don't have a dollar coin on me.  

When I went to put my little coin in, I saw the trolley I was getting already had one of the coins in the slot.  I took the trolley and completed my shopping.  At the register I told the attendant that I had found someone else's coin in a trolley.  She said I could just keep it as they get lots left in and if anyone asks for a forgotten one they already have a big collection they can give them one from.  

I know it's nothing huge, but it was one of those little blessings that put a smile on your face.  

After taking the groceries to the car, I went to return the trolley.  When I got there, there was an older gentleman who kindly asked did I have a dollar coin as he didn't have any but needed a trolley.  I told him I didn't have a coin, but I had a spare trolley coin that he could keep if he wanted.  He was very kind and appreciative of such a small gesture.

As I walked back to the car I couldn't help thinking with a cheesy chuckle:

"The Lord giveth....and The Lord taketh away."

No comments:

Post a Comment