Friday, September 30, 2011

90's flashbacks

I am at that age where I am starting sentences with; "kids these days.. ". I used to be those kids not long ago!
I was a 90's kid. No, not born in the 90's, but spent the majority of my childhood in this decade. I loved it! Most 90's kids will have had similar experiences to me.
• marbles, tazo's, pogs, and slap bands.... Until they were banned
• Full House, Step-by-Step, Family Matters, and Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
• waking up at the crack of dawn on Saturdays to watch Smurfs,Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Saved By The Bell
• knowing Michealangelo was the 'party' turtle
• I had a full-size Peter Andre poster on the back of my door
• I owned a hyper-colour oversized t-shirt
•I know what nunga bands and happy pants are
•I listened to Salt n Peppa, Vanilla Ice, and New Kids on the Block
• At some point in time I got home after school and watched Rugrats, Power Rangers, and Passions (" Timmy")
•I had collections of Itty Bitty Bins and Trolls
•I know what a Walkman is
• I remember when our computer screen was only two colours-green and black
• Listening to the annoying sound while dial-up Internet connected
•The Spice Girls
• listening to Kyle and Jackie O's Top 30 at night to tape my favorite songs
• Playing MarioKart on the N64
•I read Sweet Valley High, Goosebumps, and The Baby Sitters Club
• I wanted to be Alex Mack
• Stick on earrings and scrunch socks

Now I know there are many more that I may have missed, or permanently blocked from my memory, but how good were the 90's!!

5 comments:

  1. N64 was amazing. I remember thinking that the graphics were never going to get better!...those were the days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved our simple games computer, I even downloaded alleycat the other day just for old times sake. I wish I could remember all the games on it. No wonder I thought Dad used to play computer games for work, that's all I knew a computer could do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jo, I remember all those tv shows and games you liked, like it was yesterday.shame I can barely remember last week:) Remember space invaders and prince of Persia? That was my addiction:) One day Tony and Carter will reminisce about the good old days of the 2010's. Love you lots mum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooh - i was a product of the 90s....best decade ever in my opinion :P

    do you remember THESE??

    - Animorphs
    - Pez Dispensers
    - Tamogotchis :))

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't have a Tamagochi but I babysat my friend's when she was on holiday. The stupid thing woke me up all night to be fed and played with yet it was boring as could be during the day. Figured out the day before I gave it back that she had set the clock on it wrong so it thought night was day and day was night!

    ReplyDelete